Papri chaat is a popular traditional fast food and street food from the Indian subcontinent, mainly in North India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. Many various additional dishes throughout India are also referred to as papri chat. It has gained popularity throughout the world over the years. Chaat’s has always been one of my favourite crunchy snacks to eat, especially papri. Today I’ll be preparing my papri chaat with a little twist. Well, you can say I’m bringing traditional and modern way of food into one in this recipe, I’ll be making papri cone shots. Mixing in the way to make chaat, shots and ice cream cone in one. I did do a lot of thinking to make this recipe innovative and creative, so that anyone would get attracted to it at first sight. Not only looking and tasting good, papri chaat is mixed in with all the nutrients you need! This particular chaat consist of quinoa, moong bean sprouts and pomegranate. I can guarantee this will give a protein boost to your body. Papri chaat is also topped with chutney to give it an extra spice. I have given my at most best to this recipe so I really hope you do try and enjoy this as much as I did.
For the dough
- All purpose flour-1cup
- Clarified butter or ghee-2tbsp
- Salt -1tsp
- Water-4 to 5tbsp
For the filling
- Moong beans sprouts-1cup
- Boiled chick peas-1/2 cup
- Quinoa- 1/2cup
- Onion -1(finely chopped)
- Tomato-1( finely chopped)
- Green chillies-2chopped
- Ginger -1/4tsp chopped
- Red chilli powder-1/2tsp
- Chat masala-1/2tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder-1/2tsp
- Mango powder -1/2tsp
- Lime juice-1/2tsp
- Salt to taste
For the curd mixture
1.curd-3/4cup hung curd
3.salt to taste
Ingredients for assembling
- In a bowl add the plain flour, ajwain, salt, butter and water. Mix everything nicely and make a smooth dough. Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two equal halves and roll each dough into a thin circle.
- After rolling cook the roti on both sides each 30seconds
- Cut the roti into four triangles and prick them.
- Now fold each triangle into cone shape and seal the edges with help of a slurry.
- Take a silver foil and make a ball out of it and fill in the cone with the foil so that it holds its shape. Do rest of the chapathi the same way.
- Heat oil on medium flame and deep fry the cones until crisp and golden take it out and keep aside.
- Once it’s cooled take the silver foil from the cone.
For the filling
- In a large bowl add the sprouted moong beans, cooked chick pea, quinoa, onion, tomato, dry mango powder, cumin powder, ginger ,green chillies, chat masala, red chilli powder, lime juice, salt .mix everything nicely keep aside
For making the curd
In a bowl add the hung curd, sugar, salt to taste mix it well and keep aside.
- Take a cone stuff the filling in to it
- Drizzle some tamarind and green chutney in to it
- Add some curd on it
- Sprinkle some roasted cumin powder and Sev
- Garnish it with pomegranate pearls and coriander leaves on it.
ALSO READ-Yummy recipes for festive season