Kuwait recorded 703 new coronavirus cases over the past 24 hours, the health ministry said on Monday, which takes the total number of infections in the country to 50,644. With five new deaths, the country’s COVID-19 death toll has reached 373.
Of the newly confirmed cases, 463 were among Kuwaiti nationals and 240 among foreigners, according to the ministry, reports Arab News.
More than 41,000 individuals have recovered from the virus with 538 new recoveries confirmed since Sunday.
While a partial curfew remains in place, authorities last week allowed some commercial operations to reopen as part of the easing of restrictions.
Both private and public sectors employees have slowly been returning to work, with offices operating at 30 percent capacity, the report said.
Authorities are maintaining strict measures such as limiting crowds inside shopping malls and social distancing is still enforced to ensure the safety of residents and nationals.